Higginson Equipment is more than a building where you gain a paycheque. We are a family company with a dynamic and progressive work environment focusing on personal growth and professional development. Our team is involved with regular team building outings, community fund-raisers, summer BBQ’s, holiday celebrations and even weekly ice cream truck visits in the hot summer months.
Higginson has a comprehensive benefits package, and we offer a company contribution to your retirement plan after one year. We offer sick days which can be used for personal development, and support for your training and schooling, if required. We are a Lean Six Sigma company offering Yellow Belt training to all team members, and encourage your ideas and participation on improvement initiatives.
Higginson Equipment is a Canadian cylinder manufacturer and distributor who has been providing superior products and services since 1945 to thousands of customers across Canada.
Permanent afternoons full-time CNC Machinist & Programmer
- Program and operate CNC machines (mills and lathes) using G Code, MasterCAM or conversational techniques
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements to maximize efficiencies and reduce costs
- Communicate with Supervisor, Engineers, Production, Quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining, production or quality issues
- Within the scope of the job requirements, required to adhere to and comply with the Company Quality program and procedures, Company policies and Health, Safety and Environmental policies/regulations
- Work with management and production teams to improve machining and manufacturing processes with a focus on Lean Six Sigma. This position requires active leadership in continuous improvement initiatives, and we will count on you improve our CNC machining processes
- 5 years’ experience programming and operating CNC machines, along with a college diploma
- Ability to read and understand blue print drawings, and experience using measuring tools
- Must be a quick learner, and have strong attention to detail
- Must be a strong team player, and have great communication skills
- Lean Six Sigma experience is an asset