Higginson Equipment is a Canadian cylinder manufacturer and distributor who has been providing superior products and services since 1945 to thousands of customers across Canada.
Higginson Equipment is a dynamic, growing company, with a generous benefits package, such as pension contribution, medical benefits, uniforms, work boots, and room for growth within the company. We offer myriad team member perks, such as unlimited coffee, tea and fresh fruit, bi-weekly summer BBQ’s, quarterly social events, free weekly ice cream truck visits and employee of the month prime parking spot.
Permanent full time Manufacturing Assistant for Afternoon Shift
- Operate CNC and manual cutting machines, mills, saws etc., as well as other plant duties, such as inventory control, component assembly, painting, etc.
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements to maximize efficiencies and reduce costs
- Communicate with supervisor, engineer, production, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining, production or quality issues
- Within the scope of the job requirements, required to adhere to and comply with the company quality program and procedures, company policies and health, safety and environmental policies/regulations
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- 1 year experience operating CNC machines, along with a college diploma
- Ability to read and understand blue print drawings, and experience using measuring tools
- Must be a quick learner, and have strong attention to detail
- Must be a strong team player, and have great communication skills