Higginson Equipment is more than a building where you gain a paycheque. We are a family company with a dynamic and progressive work environment focusing on personal growth and professional development. Our team is involved with regular team building outings, community fund-raisers, summer BBQ’s, holiday celebrations and even weekly ice cream truck visits in the hot summer months.
Higginson has a comprehensive benefits package, and we offer a company contribution to your retirement plan after one year. We offer sick days which can be used for personal development, and we also offer support for your training and schooling, if required. We are a Lean Six Sigma company offering Yellow Belt training to all team members, and encourage your ideas and participation on improvement initiatives.
Higginson Equipment is a Canadian cylinder manufacturer and distributor who has been providing superior products and services since 1945 to thousands of customers across Canada. We offer competitive wages & benefits, Hours 8–4:30, Mon–Fri.
Inside Sales Representative
- Dealing directly with clients, providing quotes on fluid power, process and automation components
- Following up on pending sales leads, and involving outside sales on leads
- Providing support for outside sales
- Selecting and specifying products, including crossing over competitor products
- Other typical customer service tasks
- Entering and receiving work orders for manufactured and repaired items
- Post-secondary education required
- College diploma or certificate in a technical field is preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical/inside sales is ideal
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic products
- We will train the right candidate, if you are a superstar
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to read spec sheets and drawings
- Strong self-motivation to drive results
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of MS Office and excellent general computer skills
- Fast learner who takes pride in their work